In our home, we LOVE comfort food. There’s nothing we enjoy more than throwing on our favorite Netflix show with a big bowl of pasta. There’s something about mac and cheese that brings me back to my childhood days. At least once a week I would come home from school, beg my mom to pop open a box of Kraft, and throw on The Disney Channel.
But now, whenever I eat boxed macaroni and cheese, I feel guilty putting all of that processed food into my body. This recipe requires about the same amount of work as making a pot of Kraft or Velveeta. I wasn’t going to originally post this recipe, which is why there isn’t many photos, but I feel like so many people are in need of a simple mac and cheese recipe.
If you want to mac this a baked mac and cheese, it’s super easy! Follow all of the steps below, put it into a casserole dish, and top with Panko breadcrumbs and more cheddar cheese. It’s a hit at parties!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
I Cup Whipping Cream
1 1/2 – 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper To Taste
Pinch Of Salt
2 Cups Of Elbow Noodles
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, cook your macaroni noodles al dente with a pinch of salt.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add whipping cream and let heat until slightly bubbling.
- Once bubbling, slowly add cheese and stir constantly. This step requires a lot of attention. Your sauce will slowly thicken. Make sure to add the cheese slowly, or else it will not melt correctly.
- Add garlic, and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese sauce over noodles and mix well.