Without question, asparagus is the vegetable we eat the most. It’s something about them, it’s difficult to explain – they are just so delicious. Neither of us are huge vegetable eaters, per se, but the first time we cooked dinner together we made asparagus, and we haven’t stopped making it since. Just so long as they are thin stalks!
It truly doesn’t get any easier than this recipe. Five simple ingredients and 15 minutes of your time and you will have a great side to go along with any protein.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1 lb of Asparagus
1/2 cup of Butter
1 Teaspoon of minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1/4 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Melt butter in large frying pan
- Once the butter has melted, add asparagus in an even layer in the pan.
- Let them cook down on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and lemon juice.
5. Continue cooking on medium heat for additional 5-10 minutes.
6. Turn heat to low, add Parmesan Cheese until melted and asparagus has softened.
What’s the go to vegetable in your household? Let us know in the comments!