I think ravioli might be one of my favorite foods of all time. The best part about it is that it can be stuffed with just about anything – cheese, lobster, crab, chicken, beef, mushrooms… the list goes on. But another great part about it is that you can grab a bag of it at the grocery store and make it taste gourmet with the right sauce. Another important key is to make sure you pick up the right brand of ravioli. Our favorite is the Giovanni Rana recipe. It only takes four minutes to cook and is sure to impress a crowd. It comes in so many different flavors and I can honestly say that they all taste spectacular.
For this particular recipe, I would gravitate more towards white fillings: Chicken, seafood, cheese, etc. This is definitely one of those meals that you can cook up on a busy night and have dinner on the table within 20 minutes. Serve it with some garlic bread and your home will be smelling like an Italian restaurant.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
1 Cup of Whipping Cream
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Teaspoon Of Minced Garlic
1 Teaspoon Of Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Of Butter
Dash of salt and pepper
1 Bag of Raviolli
- Bring a medium sized sauce pan filled halfway with water to a rapid boil. Follow the directions on the back of your ravioli for cook time.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add whipping cream and heat until bubbling.
- Add in garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Begin cooking the ravioli.
- Start slowly adding the cheese while constantly stirring. Once the sauce has thickened, turn off the heat.
- Strain ravioli.
8. Pour sauce over ravioli.