Classic Crab Legs
Who doesn’t love crab legs? If they were less expensive we would eat them every night. They are the easiest thing imaginable to make, maybe not to eat, but it is worth it! There really is no comparison to the delicate and sweet taste of crab meat, it is truly one of a kind. Every couple comes across special occasions – this is a way to enjoy a decadent favorite, at a far less cost and in the comfortable setting of your own home.
We usually wait until crab is in season and goes on sale to make this dish. The best time to buy crab starts in November and runs through the winter.
It is meals like this that really are gratifying as a beginner chef. It’s so quick and easy and is practically foolproof.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For Crab Legs:
1 lb of (Snow) crab legs
1 package of Louisiana Crawfish, Crab and Shrimp Boil. (each package can season up to 4 lbs of crab legs).
1 lemon – cut in half
4 tbsp of salt
2 tsp of cayenne pepper
For Butter Sauce:
1/4 cup of butter
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 sp of lemon juice
1 dash of cajun seasoning
- In a large pot boil enough water to completely submerge the crab legs.
- As the water is coming to a boil add the salt, halved lemons, cayenne pepper and Crawfish, Crab and Shrimp Boil.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the crab legs and let boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove crab legs from boiling water and let cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the crab legs cool down, prepare the butter dipping sauce by combining the following ingredients into a small dish: butter, minced garlic, lemon juice and cajun seasoning.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, and stir.
- Once the crab legs have cooled down, you are ready to start cracking!
Do you have a favorite meal for special occasions? Let us know in the comment section below!