Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Talk about a recipe that leaves you speechless and your jaw hanging to the floor – these Bacon wrapped scallops are beyond delicious and easy enough for even the most novice chef to accomplish. When I think scallops, for better or for worse, I think of Chef Gordon Ramsey screaming at trained chefs and smashing their scallops with his fist as he is constantly returning them for being over and under cooked on his hit TV Show: Hell’s Kitchen.
That doesn’t give me the most confidence to splurge on scallops, when not even trained chefs can cook them properly! Let’s put all of that skepticism to rest, folks – I can do this, therefore, you can do this, too!
You will be blown away by the ease of this recipe and will start keeping tabs on when scallops go on sale, trust me!
Let’s get started!
1/2 Pound of scallops
1 package uncooked bacon
Package of skewers
For Butter Sauce:
1/4 Cup Butter
Dash of cajun seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut bacon strips in half.
3. Rinse scallops in cold water.
4. Wrap scallops in bacon and put 3 scallops per skewer.
5. Melt butter in microwave.
6. Add cajun, garlic, and lemon to the melted butter and brush each scallop on both sides with the butter sauce.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Flip the skewers and bake and additional 15 minutes.
We love bacon EVERYTHING. What kinds of foods do you like to wrap bacon in? Let us know in the comment section below!