Are you ever stuck trying to round out a weeknight dinner, or better yet, something quick and simple to bring to your work’s holiday potluck? This delicious app will get you a good serving of your daily greens with the added bonus of bacon!
As we expand our horizons and create new and creative recipes – this one continues to be one of our staples. Green beans can be rather bland on their own, but when prepared this way, they are far from it. The green beans take on a lot of flavor from the bacon and you are left questioning whether you are even eating vegetables at all. Give this simple yet delicious recipe a try, you wont regret it!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
3/4 lb Green Beans
Package of Bacon – slices cut in half
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 Cup of butter
- Snap ends off of green beans.
- Begin boiling water in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Cut bacon in half.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon about half way. You don’t want to cook it completely because it will crisp up in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- When water is at a rolling boil, add green beans. Cook beans until they are almost done. When they’re done, strain the beans. In a large bowl, add beans, butter, salt and pepper, and garlic. Mix well until the butter has melted.
- On a cookie sheet, lay out bacon. ‘
- Add 4-5 beans per strip, wrap them and use a toothpick to seal.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
What’s your favorite way to prepare green beans? Let us know in the comment section below!