Beef and Broccoli Ramen
If you’re looking for a meal that is packed with layers of flavor yet has a delicious simplicity you thought to only be enjoyed by the most fortunate – look no further. This ramen recipe is everything you could possibly want in a dish. It requires quite a few steps, but it doesn’t take long to whip up and you’ll be more than satisfied when it’s all said and done!
We were admittedly a little reluctant when first attempting to cook asian inspired meals, such as this one, because neither of us grew up in families that did and most recipes call for a lot of ingredients, most of which we don’t usually have in the house. However, this dish opened up our horizons, in a way, and we can’t wait to continue exploring new ingredients and techniques as we grow our food and cooking repertoire. I hope this inspires you to try and cook outside of your comfort zone – you will be amazed how capable you are and how much it opens your eyes to the endless possibilities of enjoying food.
So here you go! We’ve got this recipe down to a science and I know you will too! It is sure to find its way into your regular rotation – we can’t get enough of it!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
For the steak:
1 lb of flank steak
1/2 cup of corn starch
3 tbsp vegetable oil
For the sauce:
1 and 1/2 cup of broccoli
1/3 cup of beef broth
1 tbsp of sriracha
1 tsp of ginger
2 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Begin boiling a pot of water for broccoli.
- Cut the flank steak into chunks.
- In a large frying pan, begin heating 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Put corn starch into a shallow bowl and coat both sides of the steak.
- Begin frying the steak in small batches.
- Begin cooking the broccoli and remove from heat when tender.
- When steak is done, wipe out the frying pan on turn your stove on to medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and mix in minced garlic and ginger.
- Add soy sauce and beef broth and heat.
- Slowly mix in brown sugar until thickened.
- Add sriracha.
- Begin boiling water for noodles.
- Put beef and broccoli in the sauce and turn heat down to low.
- When noodles are done, put them in the sauce and stir well.
- Enjoy and serve!